WELCOME TO THE WEB SITE OF "LOGOS INSTITUTE
FOR THE DISORDERS OF COMMUNICATION"
"Logos Institute for the Disorders of Communication" is a specialized private clinic for Speech, Language and Communication Disorders.
"Logos Institute for the Disorders of Communication" provides a wide range of speech and language therapy services for:
- Greek and English speaking Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Nursery Schools and other Institutions
- Speech and Language Pathologists and other Health Professionals
- Speech and Language Therapy students
Assessment and intervention for children who demonstrate features of:
- delayed or disordered development of speech (such as: developmental speech disorders, developmental disorders of phonology)
- delayed or disordered development of language (such as SLI: specific language impairment)
- delayed speech and language development due to bilingualism.
- fluency disorders (stuttering, cluttering , normal dysfluency)
- neurogenic speech and language disorders (such as cerebral palsy)
- craniofacial malformations (such as cleft palate)
- autistic spectrum disorders
- learning difficulties (intellectual impairment)
- hearing loss
- written language disorders (such as: specific learning difficulties, dyslexia)
Within “logos” Institute, there is a special centre that provides assessment and therapy programmes for people who stutter. “Stuttering Research & Therapy Centre” (link) provides:
- specialised assessment and treatment for preschool children with normal dysfluency or beginning stuttering
- individual and group therapy programmes for school age children who stutter
- group and individual stuttering therapy intervention for adolescents who stutter
- intensive group therapy courses for adolescents who stutter
- intensive group therapy courses for adults who stutter
Voice therapy for professional voice users and for persons with voice disorders (usually due to vocal fold nodules, polyps, laryngitis, oedema, or vocal fold paralysis).
Speech and Language Therapy for adults with Neurogenic Speech Disorders (e.g. dysarthria, dyspraxia) and Aphasia (loss of language skills due to neurological problems such as those resulting from a stroke or a progressive illness such as multiple sclerosis).
Guidance and counselling for parents with children with speech and language difficulties.
Parental awareness courses.
Prevention programmes and screening assessments for children in nursery schools and Kindergarten.
Screening for children with hearing aids.
Screening and prevention programmes for high risk children who will go to the primary school.
Continuing Education seminars and supervision for Speech and Language Therapists.
Clinical training and Supervision of Speech and Language Pathology Students.
We are an enthusiastic team of highly qualified speech and language therapists, all trained in the U.K., dedicated to the provision of specialized and quality speech and language therapy services. All therapists in our team are members of the “Royal College of Speech and Language Therapist”, we are all keep up with our clinical competence by following programmes of continuing education and by keeping the “Continuing Professional Development” requirements of our professional organization.
“Logos” Institute for the Disorders of communication provides services are under the direction of Mr.George C. Fourlas, M.Ed., M.Sc.SLT, MRCSLT, a specialist Speech and Language Therapist who is leading a team of highly qualified professionals.
For any inquiry or information please contact us:
"logos, Institute for the Disorders of Communication"
9, G. Bakou str.
GR- 115 24, Athens, Greece.
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org